Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Olympia WA | Tri-Cities WA | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Camas WA
Skylights have come a long way since they were first introduced. These windows are a great way to bring natural light into your home. A well-placed and installed skylight can brighten up dark hallways, make rooms appear larger, and even improve your home’s value.
If you’re interested in adding skylights to your home, you’ll want a roofing contractor you can count on. Skylight installation requires a new hole in your roof, after all!
Types of Skylights
There are many different styles and designs of skylights, but the most common types of skylights include fixed skylights, tubular skylights, and vented skylights.
- Fixed skylights: these skylights do not open or close. Fixed skylights are great for rooms that need additional light or for rooms with no windows. They can also visually expand closed-in spaces, like hallways, stairwells or small rooms.
- Tubular skylights: tubular skylights are round and when looking from the inside, they kind of look like recessed lighting. These types of skylights are ideal for very small spaces, like pantries, hallways, or closets.
- Vented skylights: vented skylights are similar to fixed vents, but they can open and close. You can have them open manually or electronically. Vented skylights allow airflow into a room. They’re great options especially for rooms with excess moisture, such as laundry rooms, bathrooms, or kitchens.
Looking for more information?
Get An INSTANT Estimate!
Click below to leave your information and we’ll give you an estimate today.
Benefits of Skylights
Beyond their aesthetic appealing features, there are several other benefits of installing skylights to your home.
- Adds natural light
- Increases circulation
- Helps boost mood
- Makes rooms appear larger
- Adds solar heating
- Can improve your home’s value
Skylights also require a lot less maintenance than traditional windows, but they should still be maintained. We recommend having them serviced as often as your roof. Leaves and debris that collects near your skylights can impact water drainage so having them regularly cleaned can help reduce the need for roof repairs and water leaks near your skylights.
There are two main types of skylights you can have installed on your home. They are:
- Curb-mounted skylights: have a box structure they are installed with, so they sit higher than your roof.
- Deck-mounted skylights: are a more modern design. They lay flush with your roof and aren’t raised like curb-mounted skylights.
Experts in Skylights
Installing skylights involves both exterior and interior work. Drywall contractors will need to create the interior tunnel between your ceiling and your new skylight. Once that is complete, we will take care of the exterior part. This includes cutting back your roof, framing the opening, installing your skylights, and then installing the flashing. Skylight installation typically takes less than a day.
If you’re interested in having new skylights installed,replacing your current skylights, or even having your skylights removed, contact IBEX Roof in Vancouver WA. We’re highly experienced when it comes to skylights and we offer the best customer service in the industry. To learn more about skylight installation or our other roofing services, give us a call today!
Skylights in Vancouver WA - Olympia - Tri-Cities - Portland OR
And Surrounding Areas