Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Olympia WA | Tri-Cities WA
Skylights are a great addition to your home if you’re looking to add some natural light. Whether you’re planning a new construction or want to add skylights to your existing home, IBEX Roof can help. We’re your local source for all of your roofing needs, including skylights.
Types of Skylights
There are many different styles and designs of skylights, but below are the most common.
- Fixed skylights: these skylights do not open or close. Fixed skylights are great for rooms that need additional light or for rooms with no windows. They can also visually expand closed-in spaces, like hallways, stairwells or small rooms.
- Tubular skylights: tubular skylights are round and when looking from the inside, they kind of look like recessed lighting. These types of skylights are ideal for very small spaces, like pantries, hallways, or closets.
- Vented skylights: vented skylights are similar to fixed vents, but they can open and close. You can have them open manually or electronically. Vented skylights allow airflow into a room. They’re great options especially for rooms with excess moisture, such as laundry rooms, bathrooms, or kitchens.
Benefits of Skylights
- Adds natural light
- Provides fresh air
- Adds solar heating
- Can improve your home’s value
Get An INSTANT Estimate!
Click below to leave your information and we'll give you an estimate today.
There are two main types of skylights you can have installed on your home. They are:
- Curb-mounted skylights: have a box structure they are installed with, so they sit higher than your roof.
- Deck-mounted skylights: are a more modern design. They lay flush with your roof and aren’t raised like curb-mounted skylights.
Experts in Skylights
Skylights need a lot less maintenance than regular windows, but they should still be maintained. We recommend having them serviced as often as your roof. Any leaves or debris that collects near your skylights can affect water drainage, so having them cleaned regularly can help reduce the need for roof repairs and water leaks near your skylights.
If you’re interested in having new skylights installed or replacing your skylights, contact IBEX Roof. We’re highly experienced when it comes to installing and repairing skylights. We’ll go over the best solution for your home and your budget so you can start enjoying the benefits of skylights!
Skylights in Vancouver WA - Olympia - Tri-Cities - Portland OR
And Surrounding Areas