How Long Does a Shingle Roof Last?
Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Olympia WA | Tri-Cities WA | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Camas WA
A healthy roof is an important part of any home. With proper maintenance, your roof can add value to your home and protect you from leaks, water damage, and other costly problems. But, how can you tell when your roof needs some attention? Here are some signs that your shingle roof needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Shingles are cracking, discolored, or curling up. Cracking, discoloration, and curling shingles are more than just unsightly; they are also telltale signs that your roof is past its expiration date. It is important to repair or replace any damaged shingles to keep your roof in good shape.
- The roof has a bouncy or spongy feel. If your roof is getting older and begins to have a slightly squishy texture, it could mean that the shingles are wearing out and absorbing moisture. Replacing your roof can help you avoid leaks, water damage, or other costly issues.
- Some shingles are missing or losing granules. Missing or tattered shingles are a huge red flag that your roof needs some attention. If your shingles begin to lose granules or fall off, it is time to replace your roof.
Get An INSTANT Estimate!
Click below to leave your information and we'll give you an estimate today.
How Long Do Roof Shingles Last?
Knowing how long your shingles should last can help give you an idea of how often your roof will need to be replaced. Most asphalt shingle roofs last between 20 and 25 years, though wooden shingles tend to last longer. That said, each home and roof is different. Here are a few factors that can impact how long your roof will last:
- Weather patterns. Rain, heavy storms, or sun exposure can all impact how your roof will perform for years to come. Though you can’t control the weather, your local roofing experts may be able to offer some tips for protecting your roof.
- Quality of installation. If your roof was installed improperly, you may notice signs of wear and tear much earlier than the 20-year mark. To ensure your roof performs well for decades, it is important to hire experienced roofing professionals to get the job done right!
Thankfully, roof care doesn’t have to be complicated! With the help of the experts at IBEX Roof, you can easily assess the health of your roof or begin a replacement. Our experienced roofing professionals have been serving homes in the Pacific Northwest for years, and we are confident that we can provide a 5-star experience. Call us today for a free estimate!Back to Roof Replacement
How Long Does a Shingle Roof Last? in Vancouver WA - Olympia - Tri-Cities - Portland OR
And Surrounding Areas