Asphalt Shingle Roof Replacement
Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Olympia WA | Tri-Cities WA | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Camas WA
Asphalt shingles are one of the most affordable roofing material on the market and are a great choice for nearly any home. They’re environmentally friendly, flame-resistant, easy to install, versatile, and durable. But once they become damaged or reach the end of their lifespan, it’s best to schedule a replacement.
IBEX Roof is proud to offer the full line of CertainTeed shingle roofing systems. Not only is CertainTeed the only manufacturer that offers color warranties on their shingles, but their shingles are specially treated to resist algae growth, which is particularly important here in the Pacific Northwest.
Replacing Asphalt Shingles
Many times we are called out to work on a roof that is the victim of poor workmanship. This particular home was only 10 years into its new life. The homeowners had replaced the roof with what should have been a 50 year asphalt shingle roof. Sadly, the improper nail placement by the previous roofing contractor had prematurely deteriorated the new roof.
After assessing the damage of the house, our team determined that a roof replacement rather than a repair would be more cost effective in the long run for the homeowners. It also gave our team time to further assess and fix improper ventilation issues that were occurring due to the improperly installed roof. Sometimes a roof replacement can be more cost effective than the repair needed to correct poor workmanship. We gave our clients the security of a new roof, free of the issues that had previously plagued them.
Asphalt Shingle Replacement Project Highlights
- 50-year shingle installed on a roof improperly, causing roof failure after 10 years despite a premium shingle
- Diagnosed, determined improper nail placement was causing leaks
- Determined it was more cost effective to replace the roof rather than repair, as the whole roof was installed incorrectly
- Roof was under-ventilated. IBEX installed new edge intake vents in roof as part of the roof replacement.
Get An INSTANT Estimate!
Click below to leave your information and we’ll give you an estimate today.
Asphalt Shingle Replacement on Historic Homes
Working on a roof replacement on an older, historic home can come with a lot of challenges. This particular roofing project was set in the beautiful Bate Garden section of Portland. The home presented challenges due to extremely steep pitches on the home’s roof. Adding to that there was a concern about damaging the plant life surrounding the house as it featured rare and valuable plants. Roofing material that was taken off could not just be slid off the roof onto the ground, so our team had to come up with another method of disposal that took the natural scenery into account. Great care was taken during the roofing project which led to none of the plants being damaged.
Asphalt Shingle Roof Replacement Project Highlights
- Installed a shingle roof with a tricky flat portion on the back
- Sourced a shingle that was durable, yet matched the time period of the house (Certainteed Landmark Pro Shingle)
- Historic Single Family residence at the Bates Garden. The steepness and difficult access of the roof presented a challenge, as the plants surrounding the project were priceless. We tore off the roof and installed a new roof without damaging a single plant, and left the place spotless.
- Rebuilt areas of rot to match original build style and corrected causes of rot
Asphalt Shingle Roof Replacement in Vancouver WA - Olympia - Tri-Cities - Portland OR
And Surrounding Areas